The Story - P1
The Story - P2
Scrapbook - P1
Scrapbook - P2
The PG Quiz
How Well Do You Know Me?
OK, folks, get out a pencil and paper (this, because I'm too lazy to take an
entire day to automate it by writing a CGI program) and take the Pat Garrett
quiz. When done, click the link at the bottom to see the answers.
- 1. Which of the following is something that I have never done?
- A) Emceed a belching contest on a 100KW FM radio station
- B) Driven members of Hank Williams, Jr.'s band to a recording studio
- C) Spent six days living on a billboard
- D) Spent evening at a bar dancing with women while wearing a bear suit
- 2. Favorite TV Shows 1: I love all of the following EXCEPT:
- A) Beverly Hillbillies, I Love Lucy, Seinfeld
- B) Star Trek, Next Generation, Voyager
- C) Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi
- D) Monk, NUM3ERS, Columbo
- 3. Famous People: Which group have I NOT met?
- A) Robert Plant, Kenny Rogers, Hank Williams, Jr.
- B) Chuck Berry, Brian Wilson, Mike Love
- C) Ron Francis, Mike Kryzezewski, Mean Joe Greene
- D) Rick Springfield, Rick Nelson, Willie Nelson
- 4. What did my parents do for a living?
- A) Father worked for N&W Railroad, mother was nurse
- B) Father was a telephone man, mother worked in hospital accounting department
- C) Father was outlaw, mother was a saloon girl
- D) Both were unemployed and I lived in a box until I was 9
- 5. Claims to Fame, Part 1: Which of the following is true?
- A) I was once on the TV news for attempting to jump the Roanoke River in a Port-O-John
- B) I used to work with the real Adrian Cronauer, of "Good Morning, Viet Nam" fame
- C) My Uncle Cecil went to school with Wayne Newton
- D) I once interviewed the comedian Gallagher at a McDonald's
- 6. Collections, Part 1: Which of the following do I not collect?
- A) Beatles memorabilia
- B) U.S. stamps and coins
- C) NHL hockey jerseys
- D) Star Wars action figures
- 7. What happened when I was a baby?
- A) I met President Eisenhower (yes, I'm that old)
- B) After 4 years, my father got out of the Army
- C) I caught pneumonia and almost died
- D) I cried every time Elvis was on the radio
- 8. While in college, I was a member of which of the following national honor societies?
- A) Tau Beta Pi and Golden Key
- B) Tappa Keg and I Phelta Thi
- C) Upsilon Pi Eta, Lamda Pi Eta, and Phi Kappa Phi
- D) Both A and C
- 9. I hold which of the following college degrees?
- A) B.S. in Computer Science
- B) A.S. in Business Administration
- C) B.A. in Communication
- D) All of the above
- 10. Claims to Fame, Part 2: Which is true?
- A) My son was the first person ever to pee on the floor of the RBC Center
- B) I was the narrator of multimedia training used in several hundred hospitals
- C) Phyllis Diller once told me that my jokes weren't very funny
- D) All of the above.
- 11. I have lived where (in order)?
- A) Roanoke VA, Asheville, Garner, Cary
- B) Roanoke, Wilmington NC, Raleigh, Garner, Cary
- C) Roanoke, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, Winston-Salem, Cary
- D) Roanoke, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, Asheville, Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Cary
- 12. Collections, Part 2: Which of the following do I not collect?
- A) Old radios
- B) Political buttons
- C) Hurricanes hockey pucks
- D) NASA space mission patches
- 13. Another hobby is reading...which is NOT one of my favorite topics?
- A) Novels by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
- B) Novels by Stephen King
- C) Biographies of people in show business or sports
- D) Anything about astrophysics or the space program
- 14. How did I meet my wife?
- A) A mutual friend arranged a blind date and I spilled a beer in her lap
- B) Met her in Asheville at a bar while talking about James Taylor
- C) She was a radio groupie who showed up at a remote because she wanted a T-shirt
- D) She lived in the same apartment complex
- 15. Famous People Part 2: Which group have I NOT met?
- A) Wolfman Jack, Waylon Jennings, Col. Harlan Sanders
- B) Pat Paulsen, Barbi Benton, George "Goober" Lindsay
- C) Sam The Sham, Suzi Quatro, Emmylou Harris
- D) Bon Jovi, Alex Trebek, Danny Thomas
- 16. How did I get my big break and land my first-ever show on a Top 40 radio station?
- A) I was the winner of a high-school radio announcer contest.
- B) I earned my FCC license at age 17, and this impressed a local station manager.
- C) I was the only person available when the regular DJ was hurt playing ball.
- D) My Uncle Frank was the general manager of one of the stations in Roanoke.
- 17. Which of the following is NOT one of my hobbies?
- A) Playing Golf
- B) Making homemade beer
- C) Being a die-hard hockey and Carolina Hurricanes fan
- D) Woodworking
- 18. Favorite TV Shows 2: I love all of the following EXCEPT:
- A) Cooking Shows
- B) Documentaries on The History Channel
- C) Reality TV shows
- D) "True" Detective Shows, e.g. "The Forensic Files"
- 19. Sports: Which is NOT a favorite?
- A) NHL Hockey
- B) NBA Basketball
- C) NFL Football
- D) ACC College Basketball
- 20. I have an interesting talent. What is it?
- A) I always score in the 99.9th percentile on "box folding" tests.
- B) I always win prizes when playing Whack-A-Mole.
- C) Name any baseball player since 1950 and I can tell you his batting average.
- D) I can tell any make/model of car by the sound of its engine running.
Click HERE for answers!